About Kelsey Kent
Kelsey graduated from Dalhousie University in 2012 with her Master’s of Science in Physiotherapy Degree. She completed two Bachelor Degrees from the University of Winnipeg, one in Neuroscience and the other in Exercise Science.
Since completing her Physiotherapy Degree, Kelsey has completed various post graduate courses. Some of her coursework includes:
- Advanced Orthopedic training (Level 3) through the Canadian Physiotherapy Association’s Orthopedic Division
- Post-Concussion Syndrome Management and Rehabilitation
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Mulligan Concepts
- Advanced Assessment and Treatment of the Hip
- Running Gait Analysis, Injury Prevention and Treatment
- Fascial Manipulation
- Temporal Mandibular Joint (TMJ) Dysfunction
She is currently working towards her Advanced Diploma in Manual and Manipulative Physiotherapy.
Kelsey is also very active in sports including: scuba diving, running, skiing & snowboarding and many team sports.
Kelsey works with a diverse clientele, which can range from individuals involved in motor vehicle accidents or injured on the job, to runners and athletes, as well as individuals suffering from both acute and chronic injuries and illness. Her approach to Physiotherapy tends to be hands on, with an emphasis on patient education and exercise prescription.