Registered Dietitians are uniquely trained in the science of food and nutrition. They are health care specialists who are highly qualified and experienced in dietary education, food safety and overall health and wellness. They can assist you in separating fact from fiction, develop individual healthy eating plans, and translate the science of nutrition into eating well on a daily basis. Good nutrition forms the basis for a healthy life and whether you’re starting on your path to wellness or are already well on your way, a Registered Dietitian can provide immeasurable support on your journey to health. If you’re looking to treat specific health problems or want to prevent chronic disease and live a long, healthy life, a Registered Dietitian can provide nutrition counselling specific to you.
Registered Dietitian Services:
Individual Nutrition Assessment: Meet individually with one of our Registered Dietitians. We will work together to create a plan to fit your schedule and meet your goals. Our Dietitans offer nutrition advice in many areas such as obesity, diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, disordered eating and allergies, just to name a few.
Nutrigenomix: The first ever genetic test for personalized nutrition offered exclusively through Registered Dietitians. With a simple saliva test, you can see how your genes influence your risk for nutrition-related health issues such as:
- Weight management and body composition
- Nutrition metabolism
- Cardiometabolic health (heart disease and diabetes)
- Food intolerance (gluten and lactose)
- Eating habits
- Performance & Injury risk as it relates to sports and activity.
Grocery Store Tour:Are you ever overwhelmed with all the choices in a grocery store? Our Dietitians offer both individual and group grocery store tours. After this tour you will be a skilled grocery shopper, learning how to read labels properly and make healthy choices easier.
Family Nutrition Counselling and Meal Planning: Are you concerned your child may be eating too much or too little? Concerned with your child’s picky eating? Or maybe, with your busy lifestyle, your finding it hard to plan well balanced meals for your family. Our Dietitians can assess your families eating habits and create a meal plan that will work for all your family members.
Individualized Meal Plan: Our Registered Dietitians will meet with you to learn about your current eating habits, food likes / dislikes, and nutrition goals. With this information we will create a meal plan tailored specifically to your needs. Our Dietitians can follow up with you on a regular basis to adjust the plan and ensure you a reaching your goals.
Diabetes Management: Whether you have had diabetes for years, or are newly diagnosed with diabetes or prediabetes, our Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator can work with you to help lower you blood sugar levels back to target by making simple dietary and lifestyle changes.
Group Education: Grab some friends, and meet with a Dietitian to discuss all your nutrition questions. This option is great for those looking to save a little money.
Corporate Wellness and Information Seminars: We offer interactive lunch n learn sessions or group presentations based on topics tailored to your clientele. Whether it is healthy eating in the work place, heart health, sports nutrition, or infant nutrition we can create a presentation for your group.”
What Can I Expect at my Initial Appointment?
- Prior to coming to your appointment, you may be asked to keep a diary for 2-3 days of all foods and beverages consumed would assist the Dietitian when she reviews your typical food intake.
- Your management plan will include counselling using education materials with suggested diet modifications based on your nutrition/health goals.
- Your plan may include educational materials, monitoring tools, weekly goals, and suggested diet modifications based on your specific needs.
- Your appointment will take approximately 1 hour and will be done in a private one on one session or as a group if requested.
- Follow up appointments may be arranged as recommended by the dietitian and through discussion with the dietitian and yourself.
How can I Book an Appointment?
- Appointments can be made by telephone 634-4882 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please contact us for further information.