What is a Home Visit? Many people can benefit from Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy but not all people can easily leave their home to attend a much needed appointment. This can be for reasons such as:
- Post Surgical
- Limited mobility
- No transportation
- Personal Preference
The Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists of Veitch Physiotherapy offer Physiotherapy and/or Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment in the comfort and convenience of your own home.
What can I expect at my first visit?
Physiotherapy: A physiotherapist will come to your home and complete a thorough assessment which will include a detailed health history and physical examination. This includes an assessment of the home environment as well for any potential things that could be affecting your recovery or limiting your mobility and independence. If your particular case warrants, consultation will also be done with your attending physician or home care workers and/or community nurse or occupational therapist. Once the assessment is complete, a comprehensive and evidence based treatment plan will be devised and discussed with you, tailored to your specific issues and goals. Treatment can include but is not limited to exercises, pain relieving techniques, education and home environment modifications/suggestions.
Occupational Therapy: An occupational therapist makes a visit to your home to assess for current and potential mobility and safety issues. This type of assessment would be appropriate if a client is having mobility issues within their home (eg. Unsafe or limited access to areas such as the bathroom, kitchen or bedroom). It can identify potential saety hazards such as loose rugs, poorly lit rooms, lack of grab bars etc. It also allows a client to trial equipment such as tub-transfer benches, walkers and raised toilet seats to determine suitability.
How Do I Make An Appointment?
- Most private health plans cover Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy.
- At Veitch Physiotherapy we are able to direct bill many insurance companies. Please contact our office for information on your particular plan.
- Many insurance companies do not require a physicians referral for reimbursement for physiotherapy.
- Please call or email us to book an appointment or for more information.
- If you are uncertain which kind of Home Visit is best for you, our knowledgeable staff would be more than happy to assit you.
- We look forward to helping you!